Poems of Prudentius, with glosses, written in the 12th cent.
- (fol. 1v) 'Liber contra Simmachum', with prologue
- (fol. 34) The epilogue of the Liber Peristephanon: beg. 'Immolat Deo patri': ends 'personasse Christum.'
- (fol. 34v) The Dittochaeum, Diptychon or Enchiridion
- (fol. 38) 'Incipit Apotheoses Prudentij
- (fol. 57v). 'Incipit liber Amartigenia de origine peccatorum.'.
- Creation: written in the 12th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. D'Orville 183
Auct. X. 1. 5. 36
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 17061
Our best descriptions for medieval items in this collection are in Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries under MSS. D'Orville.
On parchment, the first few leaves stained
8 7/8 × 6 1/8 in.