Miscellaneous pieces, mostly classical, written in the second half of the 17th and the first half of the 18th cent.
- (fol. 6) Latin notes by D'Orville on the 'Eλένης 'Αρπαγή of Coluthus: followed (fol. 10) by a copy by him of some Latin notes of Odoardus Bisetus on Apollonius Rhodius
- (fol. 14) Latin notes on the 'Εγχαρίδιον of Hephaestion
- (fol. 22) 'Georgii Douzae in Epistolas quasdam amatorias Alciphronis, Philostrati, Simocattae conjecturae', a copy
- (fol. 26) Latin notes by Henricus Valesius on Hesychius, 'Αβαρις -- 'Αλέξανδρο
- (fol. 30) 'Excerpta ex [Cyriaco] Scholiaste Strabonis qui exstat apud Patricium Junium'
- (fol. 32) 'Cl. Salmasii Emendat. & aliæ annotat. ad Oratores, Gr...', a copy
- (fol. 33) 'Camusati in Diodorum excerpta', a copy
- (fol. 34) Latin notes of Oudendorp on Herodian, a copy
- (fol. 35) Some Latin notes of Reiskius on Libanius
- (fol. 39) 'Tiberii Hemsterhusii Stricturæ ad Evangelium Marci Capit. I et II.'
- (fol. 57) Latin notes on the Acts xvi-xvii. 7, imperfect at end
- Creation: written in the second half of the 17th and the first half of the 18th cent.
Language of Materials
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
MS. D'Orville 129
Auct. X. 1. 4. 27
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no 17007
Fols. 2-5 (a transcript in Maittaire's hand) were no. 117* on the 14th night of the first part of the Maittaire sale in 1748, and were bought by -- Whitehead.
8 3/4 × 6 5/8 in.