Collections by Edward Rowe Mores for the history of Berkshire, Written in about the middle of the 18th century, chiefly by E. R. Mores
Collections by Edward Rowe Mores for the history of Berkshire. A similar volume of transcripts from records, among which are:
- Fol. 2. 'Ex cartular. collegii de Valle scholarium Sarum penes Will. Boucher ...', cf. fol. 39
- Fol. 38. a prayer in use at the Lambourne almshouse
- Fol. 41. note of a custom at Boxford
- Fol. 59. excerpts from a MS. by Francis Thynne (?) in the possession of John Warburton in Oct. 1732
- Fol. 64. 'Addenda to Ashmole's Berkshire'
- Fol. 68. 'Abby-lands in co. Berks leased out by the Crown during the reign of queen. Elizabeth'
- Fol. 76. Extracts from Lambeth registers by dr. A. C. Ducarel
- Creation: Written in about the middle of the 18th century, chiefly by E. R. Mores
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Berks 17
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17731
8 × 6 5/8 in.