Papers connected with the Order of the Garter, Written in 1600-1608 by W. Smith
Papers connected with the Order of the Garter, all in Smith's hand:
- 'Orders for the feast of St. George. Written first by Rob. Cooke ... 1585. Transcriptum per W[illiam] Smith alias Rougedragon, Anno Dominj 1600'
- Followed (at fol. 6) by the disposition of the stalls and tables at the feasts
- With other notes of occurrences, 1583-1608
- At fol. 23v. by notes of the ceremonies at some elections, 1572-1605
- Creation: Written in 1600-1608 by W. Smith
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Berks 12
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17726
8 × 6 1/2 in.