Catalogues of pictures, etc., Written in about the middle of the 18th century
Catalogues of pictures, etc.:
- Fol. 1. List of pictures at Windsor Castle
- Fol. 16. List of pictures at Houghton hall, in Norfolk, now at St. Petersburg
- Fol. 21. List of pictures of painters, done by their own hand, in the Grand Duke's Gallery at Florence, 1739
- Fol. 34. of other paintings, statues, etc., in the same collection, with remarks, 1725
- Fol. 26. List of engraved prints by Giacomo Frey of Rome, with prices
- Fol. 31. Copies of three Latin deeds connected with the Walpole family
- Fol. 55. List of pictures in the Pitti palace at Florence, by W. M., 1725
- Fol. 62. List of pictures in the Bodleian picture gallery, 1740
- Fol. 70. 'A Dissertation on Julius Cæsars passage over the Thames. Read before the Society of Antiquarys Jan. 9th. 1734. By Sam. Gale Esq.'
Miscellaneous jottings by dr. Ducarel and printed scraps follow, among which is (fol. 113) a copy of a printed Proclamation of 27 Nov. 1554 and of a printed ballad beg. 'Nowe singe, nowe springe', both referring to an expected child of Queen Mary.
- Creation: Written in about the middle of the 18th century
Language of Materials
MS. Gough Misc. antiq. 3
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. II, no. 17558
The volume bears the armorial bookplate of dr. A. C. Ducarel.
11 3/8 × 9 1/4 in.