'...Offitium beate Marie Virginis secundum consuetudinem Romane ecclesie', Written in the 15th century in N.E. France (?)
'...Offitium beate Marie Virginis secundum consuetudinem Romane ecclesie', preceded by:
- A calendar (fol. 1)
- 'Missa de sancta Maria' (fol. 8)
- 'Offitium de sancta Cruce' (fol. 15)
- The Penitential Psalms with litany (fol. 59)
- The 'Vigilie Mortuorum' (fol. 69)
There are eleven full-page miniatures, but one is perhaps lost after fol. 52.
- Creation: Written in the 15th century in N.E. France (?)
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 276
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19378
On parchment, with fine miniatures, borders, etc., binding, red silk
8 × 5 1/2 in.