A Benedictine Breviary for the use of the abbey of St. Denys in Paris, Written in about the middle of the 14th century in Paris
A Benedictine Breviary for the use of the abbey of St. Denys in Paris, consisting of:
- A Proprium de Tempore (fol. 1)
- Calendarial Tables and Calendar (fol. 189)
- Psalter with Canticles, Litany, and Manual Offices (fol. 199)
- Proprium Sanctorum (fol. 276)
- Commune Sanctorum (fol. 512) and smaller offices, suffrages, 'quedam regule speciales', etc.
The Calendar contains obits of abbots, etc. up to about 1350, and at Feb. 24 'Dedicatio ecclesie beati Dyonisii.' A leaf is apparently wanting at the end.
- Creation: Written in about the middle of the 14th century in Paris
Language of Materials
MS. Canon. Liturg. 192
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. IV, no. 19309
- See Frere, Bibl. Mus.-Liturg. , p. 36.
On parchment, in double columns, with illuminated borders, etc.
10 3/8 × 7 1/4 in.