Papers and Correspondence: Group Meetings, Sep-Dec 1990
Comprises papers and correspondence of Harald Rømer relating to arrangements for Group Meetings held Sep-Dec 1990.
- Al-Rayes, Ghazi, Kuwaiti Ambassador to the United Kingdom;
- Bainbridge, Timothy, Secretariat, European Democratic Group;
- Carrington, 6th Baron (Peter Carington), former Foreign Secretary and Conservative peer;
- Eyskens, Mark, Foreign Minister of Belgium;
- Fontaine, Nicole, French MEP and Vice-President, European Parliament;
- Ford, Glyn, Labour MEP for Greater Manchester;
- Jackson, Caroline, MEP for Wiltshire;
- Makepeace, Richard, Office of the UK Permanent Representative to the European Communities;
- McMillan-Scott, Edward, MEP for York;
- Méhaignerie, Pierre, President, Centre of Social Democrats (French political party);
- Prout, Sir Christopher, MEP for Shropshire and Stafford and Chairman, European Democratic Group;
- Seligman, Madron, MEP for West Sussex;
- Spencer, Tom, MEP for Surrey West.
- Economic and Monetary Union;
- European Democrat Union, Helsinki Conference;
- European Parliament, business at plenary sessions;
- Kuwait, Iraqi invasion of;
- Speakers for Group Meetings;
- Study Days, held in Paris, Oct 1990;
- Visit of Sir Geoffrey Howe to the European Parliament, Sep 1990.
- Statement of the Party Leaders of the European Democrat Union, 'A Free Europe For All', 31 Aug 1990;
- Text of speech by Margaret Thatcher to the 13th Party Leaders Conference of the European Democrat Union, 30 Aug 1990;
- Photocopy of European Democratic Group pamphlet, 'Collective Security: The EC and the Preservation of Peace - A Discussion Document by Michael Welsh, MEP', Jan 1989;
- Extract of a speech by Sir Leon Brittan, 'A European Security Community?', 17 May 1990;
- Extract of a speech by Sir Leon Brittan, 'The European Community and the Gulf Crisis', 10 Sep 1990;
- Report by Sir Michael Butler, Chairman of the European Committee of the British Invisible Exports Council, 'The Second Stage of EMU', 9 Aug 1990;
- Text of speech by Manfred Wörner, Secretary-General of NATO, 'Towards a New Europe', 13 Sep 1990;
- Text of speech by Manfred Wörner, Secretary-General of NATO, 'The Atlantic Alliance and European Security in the 90's', 17 May 1990.
- Sep-Dec 1990
1 box (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Includes papers in Danish and French.
Divided across three folders. Arranged by meeting date.