MEPs' Correspondence Files, 1979-1980
Comprises Secretariat files on individual MEPs' papers and correspondence, as follows:
- CCO 508/3/34/1 - Correspondence and papers, Aug 1979-Jun 1980;
- CCO 508/3/34/2 - Correspondence and papers, Sep-Dec 1980.
- Bethell of Romford, 4th Baron (Nicholas Bethell), MEP for London North West and member of the House of Lords;
- Carrington, 6th Baron (Peter Carington), Foreign Secretary;
- de Courcy Ling, John, Chief Whip and MEP for Midlands Central;
- de Ferranti, Basil, MEP for Hampshire West;
- Forth, Eric, MEP for Birmingham North and Chairman, 1979 [Backbench] Committee;
- Greville, Howard, former National Liberal and Conservative MP for St Ives;
- Hughes, Bob, National Chairman, Young Conservatives;
- Jackson, Robert, MEP for Upper Thames;
- Plumb, Sir Henry, MEP for the Cotswolds;
- Seligman, Madron, MEP for West Sussex;
- Spencer, Tom, MEP for Derbyshire;
- Swann, Sir Michael, Chairman, British Broadcasting Corporation;
- Tuckman, Fred, MEP for Leicester;
- Warner, Sir Fred, MEP for Somerset;
- Welsh, Michael, MEP for Central Lancashire.
- European Parliament, business at plenary sessions;
- Office and administrative matters;
- Reports on international visits.
- Report on visit to Poland by Alan Tyrrell MEP and Richard Thornburn, 9-11 Nov 1979, dated 11 Dec 1979;
- Draft paper by James Moorehouse, 'The Trans-Siberian Landbridge and Soviet Shipping Policy', 27 May 1980.
1 box (2 folders)
Language of Materials
Includes material in French.
Arranged in chronological order.