EPP-ED Group: Pledge to Leave, 2004-2006
Comprises papers and correspondence relating to David Cameron's pledge to withdraw the Conservatives from the Group of the European People's Party and European Democrats (EPP-ED), as follows:
- CCO 508/3/24/1 - Papers on the Conservative Party's relationship with the EPP-ED Group, Apr 2004-Jul 2006;
- CCO 508/3/24/2 - Letters from senior political figures sent in response to David Cameron's pledge to withdraw from the EPP-ED Group, Oct 2005;
- CCO 508/3/24/3 - Papers relating to the Conservative Party's affiliations in Europe, Oct 2005-Jan 2006;
- CCO 508/3/24/4 - Papers on David Cameron's opposition to continued Conservative membership of the EPP-ED Group, Nov-Dec 2005;
- CCO 508/3/24/5 - Papers on the withdrawal of the Conservatives from the EPP-ED Group, Nov 2005-Jul 2006;
- CCO 508/3/24/6 - Papers and correspondence on Conservative opposition to continued membership of the EPP-ED Group, Dec 2005-Apr 2006;
- CCO 508/3/24/7 - Bruges Group paper by Lee Rotherham, 'The Corpse Bride: Addressing the EPP Misalliance', ;
- CCO 508/3/24/8 - Copy of letter, William Hague to David Frost, Director General, British Chamber of Commerce, on the decision to withdraw from the EPP-ED Group, 27 Jun 2006.
1 box (8 folders)
Conditions Governing Access
CCO 508/3/24/1-6 and CCO 508/3/24/8 are Closed. CCO 508/3/24/7 is Open.