Correspondence, Oct 1987-Feb 1994
- CCO 508/1/59/1 - Political correspondence of Sir Christopher Prout MEP, with related secretariat correspondence and papers, Oct 1987-Feb 1994;
- CCO 508/1/59/2 - Correspondence of Sir Christopher Prout MEP with Prime Ministers Margaret Thatcher and John Major, with related papers, Nov 1988-Oct 1993;
- CCO 508/1/59/3 - Additional correspondence of Christopher Prout MEP (also includes secretariat correspondence), Dec 1987-Jun 1988.
- Brooke, Peter, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland [CCO 508/1/59/1];
- Catherwood, Sir Frederick, MEP for Cambridgeshire and North Bedfordshire, and Vice-President of the European Parliament [CCO 508/1/59/1-2];
- Chichester, Giles, Conservative candidate, later MEP, for Devon and East Plymouth for the 1994 European Elections (outgoing only) [CCO 508/1/59/1];
- Griffiths, Brian, Head of Policy Unit, 10 Downing Street (outgoing only) [CCO 508/1/59/1];
- Hill, Jonathan, Political Secretary, 10 Downing Street (outgoing only) [CCO 508/1/59/1];
- Ingham, Bernard, Chief Press Secretary to the Prime Minister (outgoing only) [CCO 508/1/59/1];
- Major, John, Prime Minister and Leader of the Conservative Party [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Plumb, Baron (Henry Plumb), President of the European Parliament and former Chairman, EDG (outgoing only) [CCO 508/1/59/3];
- Simpson, Anthony, MEP for Northamptonshire [CCO 508/1/49/3];
- Thatcher, Margaret, Prime Minister and Leader of the Conservative Party [CCO 508/1/59/1-2];
- Turner, Amédée, MEP for Suffolk and EDG Chief Whip [CCO 508/1/69/2];
- Whittingdale, John, Political Secretary, 10 Downing Street (outgoing only) [CCO 508/1/59/1].
- Discrimination in Northern Ireland;
- European Elections, 1994;
- European People's Party, relations with;
- Maastricht Treaty;
- Meetings with Margaret Thatcher and John Major;
- Relations between the Conservatives in the European Parliament and the Government;
- Copy of 'The Directory of Discrimination: Northern Ireland 1991', produced by the Equality Working Group, Belfast [CCO 508/1/59/1];
- Text of Margaret Thatcher speech to the Lord Mayor's Banquet, 14 Nov 1988 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Translation of a letter from Valéry Giscard D'Estaing, former President of France, to Margaret Thatcher, 26 Apr 1989 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Text of Margaret Thatcher speech to the 59th Conservative Women's National Conference, 24 May 1989 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Text of Margaret Thatcher statement on the launch of the Conservative Manifesto for the 1989 European Elections, 22 May 1989 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Copy of Labour Party document, 'British Labour Group of the European Parliament: Programme of Work, 1989-92', dated Oct 1989 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Transcript of David Dimbleby interview with Margaret Thatcher for Panorama, 'What Future for Thatcherism', aired 27 Nov 1989 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Text of Margaret Thatcher speech to the 13th Party Leaders Conference of the European Democrat Union, 30 Aug 1990 [CCO 508/1/59/2];
- Text of John Major speech to the Konrad Adenauer Foundation, 'The Evolution of Europe', and transcript of subsequent question and answer session, 11 Mar 1991 [CCO 508/1/59/2].
- Oct 1987-Feb 1994
1 box (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
CCO 508/1/59/1-2 are Closed.
Arranged in reverse chronological order.