Correspondence mainly collected by F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy's daughter Lili Wach, 1835-1910, n.d.
MS. M. Deneke Mendelssohn d. 22
- (fols. 2-7) Two letters from Hélène and Eduard Souchay to their eldest son Cornelius Carl on the death of Cécile, 26 and 28 Sep 1853. A partial translation is printed by Petitpierre, pp. 230-1. Given to P.V.M. Benecke by Mrs C. C. Souchay, Sep 19, 1927 and by him to Adolph Wach 'fürs Familien-Archiv'.
- (fol. 8) Letter from H[enriette] M[endelssohn, née Meyer] to Marie Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Berlin, 17 May 1855.
- (fols. 10-12) Letter from Paul Mendelssohn Bartholdy to [his sisters' governess?] Mlle. S. de Miéville, 8 Jan 1858.
- (fols. 13-28) 8 letters from Margarete Oppenheim [née Mendelssohn] to Elisabeth Wilhelmine Jeanrenaud, 7 Jun-27 Oct 1866, about the engagement of Paul Mendelssohn Bartholdy to Else Oppenheim.
- (fols. 29-32) Paul Mendelssohn Bartholdy to his brother-in-law Victor Benecke concerning F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy's manuscripts and the Mendelssohn scholarship, 19 Apr 1871?
- (fols. 33-38:) 3 letters from Paul Mendelssohn Bartholdy to Karl Mendelssohn Bartholdy. 7, 14 and 15 Jun 1871, concerning their father's collection of manuscripts. On fols. 37v-38 are notes by Karl to Adolf Wach.
- (fols. 39-42) Two letters from [Henrich von] Treitschke to Karl Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Heidelberg, 1 Sep 1871 and 19 Oct 1872.
- (fols. 43-44) Letter from Paul Heyse to Karl Mendelssohn Bartholdy. Munich, 1 Dec 1871.
- (fols. 45-47) Two undated letters to Elisabeth Wilhelmine Jeanrenaud (née Souchay) from her grand-daughter Lili Wach. ca. 1871.
- (fols. 48-57) Four letters from Elisabeth Wilhelmine Jeanrenaud to Lili Wach, summer 1871.
- (fols. 58-59) Elisabeth Wilhelmine Jeanrenaud's last letter to her sister-in-law Hélène Souchay, 4 Aug 1871. Transcript by Mlle. Jung.
- (fols. 60-73) Seven letters to Lili from Mlle. Jung and Lili Jeanrenaud, summer 1871.
- (fols. 74-77) Letter to Lili from Cornelie Schunck, Esberg?, 7 Aug 1871.
- (fols. 78-83) Other letters of condolence on the death of Elisabeth Wilhelmine Jeanrenaud.
- (fols. 84-86) 'Auszug aus der Rede an Grossmutter's Grab v[on] Pfo. Bonnet dem 9ten August 1871'.
- (fols. 87-88) Letter to Lili from Carl Jeanrenaud, 14 Nov 1871.
- (fols. 89-90) Letter to Lili from Livia Frege, n.d.
- (fols. 91-92) Letter to Lili from F[elix] Grenier. Paris, 1 Feb 1877.
- (fols. 93-95) Letter to Lili from Clara Schumann, Frankfurt, 25 Nov 1891.
- (fols. 96-100) List [by George Grove] of F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy's letters to his family, now in the New York Public Library, borrowed Oct 1879.
- (fol. 101) Franz Mendelssohn I to Professor [Adolf Wach]. Berlin, 8 Nov 1882.
- (fols. 109-110) Undated letter from Maria Wach (1877-1964) as a child to her godmother, her aunt Hélène.
- (fols. 111-117) 20th-cent. papers including (fol. 113) Hugo Wach's lithograph of Lili Wach on her deathbed, 16 Oct 1910.
- (fol. 118) George Smart to Klingemann. [London], 3 Aug 1836. Bought, 1973.
- (fols. 119-120) Copies by Marie Benecke of two letters from Verkenius to Klingemann. Cologne, 16 Jun and 6 Jul 1835.
- 1835-1910, n.d.
MS. M. Deneke Mendelssohn d. 22