A collection of English anthems and services in score, late 18th cent.
MS. Tenbury 1021
- (p. 1) We have heard with our ears. H. Aldrich
- (p. 8) Christ rising again. G. Loosemore
- (p. 11) Haste thee O God. Anon.
- (p. 14) Teach me thy way. E. Hooper
- (p. 18) Awake put on thy strength. M. Wise
- (p. 27) We will rejoice. W. Croft
- (p. 41) God is the Lord. Anon.
- (p. 49) Almighty and everlasting. Anon.
- (p. 55) Keep we beseech thee. G. Loosemore
- (p. 57) Laudate dominum. Anon.
- (p. 57) O that my head. Thomas Holmes
- (p. 58) O praise God in his holiness. G. Loosemore
- (p. 60) Bless them that curse you. J. Hilton
- (p. 61) O Lord give thy holy Spirit. T. Tallis
- (p. 64) Praise the Lord. J. Clark [Clarke]
- (p. 68) Look down, O Lord. Thomas Ford
- (p. 69) Almighty God, we beseech thee. Hearson
- (p. 71) The king shall rejoice. Thomas Spencer
- (p. 75) Let me sleep this night. William Webb
- (p. 76) Zadok the priest. [H. Lawes]
- (p. 78) Hear my prayer. George Holmes
- (p. 82) Praise the Lord O my soul. William Croft
- (p. 83) O render thanks. William Croft
- (p. 84) Morning, Communion and Evening service in G, assigned here to Benjamin Rogers. Peter Rogers
- (p. 133) Morning, Communion and Evening service in G. Benjamin Thomas
- (p. 209) Thou O God art praised. W. Croft
- (p. 223) Comfort ye, my people. H. Aldrich
- (p. 235) O Lord I have heard thy voice. H. Aldrich
- (p. 247) I am well pleased. H. Aldrich
- (p. 264) O sing unto God. J. Blow
- (p. 279) Blessed is the man. H. Purcell
- (p. 291) Withdraw not thou. Thomas Tomkins
- (p. 303) O that mine eyes. G. Loosemore
- (p. 307) I have set God. J. Goldwin
- (p. 319) Behold how good. W. Hutchinson
- (p. 324) Eheu sustulerunt. T. Morley
- (p. 328) Blessed is he that considereth. H. Purcell
- (p. 339) O give thanks. H. Purcell
- (p. 359) I was glad. H. Purcell
- (p. 371) Blessed is the people. Anon.
- (p. 387) I beheld and lo. J. Blow
- (p. 399) I will love thee. J. Clark [Clarke]
- (p. 411) Bow down thine ear. J. Clark [Clarke] (not the well-known setting)
- (p. 417) I laid me down to rest. W. Byrd
- (p. 421) Call to remembrance. R. Farrant
- (p. 425) I will exalt thee. C. Tye
- (p. 433) Sing ye to our God. W. Byrd
- (p. 445) Psalm and hymn tunes
- (p. 461) Blessing and glory (from I beheld). J. Blow
- late 18th cent.
Language of Materials
MS. Tenbury 1021
Belonged in 1784 to Thomas Bever, Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.
12 3/4 x 7 7/8 inches