A collection of English services and anthems in score, in various hands, various dates: mid-18th to early 19th cent.
MS. Tenbury 1020
At the reverse end of the volume is the organ score of a Service in C by T. Carter.
- (p. 1) Morning and Evening service in E flat. William Evans
- (p. 33) Morning, Communion and Evening service in C. John Jackson
- (p. 91) Morning, and Evening service in D. William Child
- (p. 119) Morning service in C. Thomas Carter
- (p. 143) O give thanks. Henry Purcell
- (p. 160) Be merciful. Henry Purcell
- (p. 172) Bow down thine ear (fragment). M. Greene
- (p. 181) I call and cry. Thomas Tallis
- (p. 189) Bow thine ear. William Byrd
- (p. 198) The Lord is my light. William Lawes
- (p. 209) The Lord is my strength. J. Clark [Clarke]
- (p. 215) O sing unto the Lord. Maurice Greene
- (p. 234) Lord let me know. Maurice Greene
- (p. 244) O Lord give ear. Maurice Greene
- (p. 254) O pray for the peace. Charles King
- (p. 260) I will sing unto the Lord. T. Tudway
- (p. 276) Lord why sleepest thou? William Davies
- (p. 286) I will give thanks. William Croft
- (p. 298) I will sing a song. William Carter
- (p. 299) Not unto us. G. B. Bononcini
- (p. 300) Praise the Lord. J. E. Galliard
- (p. 309) It is a good thing. Henry Hall
- (p. 316) I will give thanks. Anon.
- (p. 349) I will exalt thee. Christopher Tye
- (p. 357) Hear O Lord. Maurice Greene
- (p. 367) O Lord thy word. Maurice Greene
- (p. 376) In thee O Lord. William Evans
- (p. 382) Sing unto God. Thomas Carter
- (p. 393) Hear my prayer. Thomas Carter
- various dates: mid-18th to early 19th cent.
MS. Tenbury 1020
The MS. belonged formerly to Richard? Clark, in whose hand part of the index is written.
12 3/4 x 8 inches