Papers relating to Mary Blunden (née Daines, later Cooper Keeble), c.1910s-1960s
Contents originally kept in an Austin Reed box (label in folder) with note 'everything in this box is for John & Clare for them to do with as they wish. Mary'.
- Original Austin Reed box label and note by Mary Blunden (later Cooper Keeble), c.1950s-1960s.
- Letters sent to Mary Blunden (later Cooper Keeble), c.1917-1953, with telegrams sent on the occasion of her marriages to Edmund Blunden, 1 Jun 1918 and to Cyril Cooper Keeble, 26 Apr 1932.
- Permit book of Mary Blunden (née Daines), containing black and white identity photograph, 1918; with sugar registration card and meat card for Amos Daines, 1917.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children printed regulations for in-patients annotated 'Joy Daines Blunden, Clarence Ward' and draft manuscript inscription for the grave of Joy Daines Blunden, 27 Aug 1919. With note on reverse of envelope with lines regarding 'a devoted & self sacrificing mother' [postmark dated 13 Apr 1938, probably by Mary Blunden, later Cooper Keeble referring to her mother, Mary Ann Daines].
- Various manuscript verse and notes [not Edmund Blunden]; printed ephemera including visiting card of Captain Robert Graves; invite to The British-American Dance Club Literary Night; and military Christmas card, 1918 [c.1910s-1920s].
- Various manuscript and printed items, including knitting pattern [n.d.]; confetti from wedding [in sealed envelope]; receipt voucher for Lieutenant C.C. Blunden [sic] for tie, vest, etc., 11 Jan 1919; motorcycle insurance certificate, 15 Jul 1931; and note on hydrangeas [n.d.].
- Two notebooks: one containing various notes including 'The Sundial Child' poem and lists of Edmund Blunden poems sent for publication [by Mary Blunden, c.1920s]; and one containing 'Inventory of household effects belonging to Mary Blunden... placed in store', 1928.
1 box (7 folders)