Lectures and essays, 1951-1965
All soft bound carbon typescript copies unless stated. Comprises:
- 'The Lyrical Poetry of Thomas Hardy', The Warton Lecture, 1951. With some pencil corrections.
- 'The Lyrical Poetry of Thomas Hardy', The Warton Lecture on English Poetry, setting copy for British Academy proceedings, 6 Jun 1951. With pencil and ink annotations.
- 'Emily Dickinson' [an Oxford lecture?], n.d.
- 'The Poet's Medium', n.d. [fols. 17-19 missing].
- 'The Pure Style', n.d. With ribbon typescript copy.
- 'The Reader as Critic', n.d. With ribbon typescript copy, annotated in pencil.
- 'The Colloquial Element', n.d. With ribbon typescript copy, annotated in pencil and ink. [n.b. whilst covering similar themes and poems, this is not 'The Colloquial Element in English Poetry' given on 24 Mar 1947 to the Literary and Philosophical Society, Newcastle Upon Tyne]
- 'The Grand Manner', n.d. Ribbon typescript copy only, annotated in ink.
- Six lectures given as part of the Charles Eliot Norton Professorship at Havard University in 1964-1965: 1. 'The Lyric Impulse', 2. 'Words and Music', 3. 'The Story Lyric', 4. 'The Common Muse', 5. 'Country Lyrics' and 6. 'The Golden Bridle'. Annotated in ink. Published 1965 as The Lyric Impulse.
- 'Poetry for the Public', n.d. With ribbon typescript, annotated in pencil.