What is included?
Descriptions of archives and manuscript material created between c. 1500 and the 21st century. Material described is predominantly in manuscript form, but also includes photographic material, audiovisual items and born-digital content.
- Archives and manuscripts (post-1500) held in the Bodleian Libraries
- Medieval Manuscripts (see Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries)
- Asian and Middle Eastern Manuscripts (see our LibGuides for links to specialist catalogues)
- Administrative records of the University itself (see Oxford University Archives)
For a list of recent additions to the online catalogues, see our new additions page.
What am I searching?
- Full descriptions of all items catalogued after 2001
- Collection-level descriptions of most collections described in our published printed catalogues
- Full descriptions of some collections catalogued before 2001 are being added as they are digitised
This catalogue does not yet provide a comprehensive search of all holdings, but we are working towards this goal.
Take a look at our help page for details of how to consult the materials described in Bodleian Archives & Manuscripts, and for links to further information about how to use our services.