What is included?
Descriptions of archives and manuscript material created between c. 1500 and the 21st century. Material described is predominantly in manuscript form, but also includes photographic material, audiovisual items and born-digital content.
- Archives and manuscripts (post-1500) held in the Bodleian Libraries
- Medieval Manuscripts (see Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries)
- Manuscripts in oriental languages (see our LibGuide for Oriental Manuscripts)
- Administrative records of the University itself (see Oxford University Archives)
For a list of recent additions to the online catalogues, see our new additions page.
What am I searching?
- Full descriptions of all items catalogued after 2001
- Collection-level descriptions of most collections described in our published printed catalogues
- Full descriptions of some collections catalogued before 2001 are being added as they are digitised
This catalogue does not yet provide a comprehensive search of all holdings, but we are working towards this goal.
Take a look at our help page for details of how to consult the materials described in Bodleian Archives & Manuscripts, and for links to further information about how to use our services.
This catalogue is currently in beta, while we do some testing and bug-fixing. Please take a look around, and tell us what you think! From January 2020 the Bodleian Libraries' Online Catalogues for Archives and Manuscripts will be replaced by this catalogue.