What is included?
- Archives and manuscript material created between circa 1500 and the 21st century. The material described is predominantly in manuscript form, but also includes photographic material, audiovisual items, and born-digital content.
What isn't included?
- Medieval Manuscripts (see Medieval Manuscripts in Oxford Libraries)
- Asian and Middle Eastern Manuscripts (see our LibGuides for links to specialist catalogues)
- Administrative records of the University itself (see Oxford University Archives)
For a list of recent additions to the online catalogues, see our new additions page.
What am I searching?
- Full descriptions of all items catalogued after 2001
- Collection-level descriptions of most collections described in our published printed catalogues
- Full descriptions of some collections catalogued before 2001 are being added as they are digitised
This catalogue does not yet provide a comprehensive search of all holdings, but we are working towards this goal.
Take a look at our help page for details of how to consult the materials described in Bodleian Archives & Manuscripts, and for links to further information about how to use our services.